Thursday, October 19, 2006

Media attention

Hello all

The four walls of my little hideaway are starting to close in, and I fear I might be going a little stir crazy. This morning, I swore I heard a lark singing a Christmas carol outside my window, when in fact it was just Ravel whistling a Bulgarian folk tune as he performed his morning workout.

My strategy of hiding on the edge of a large forest to avoid elimination by forces unseen appears to have worked. Who-ever was calling the Institute to threaten me has not called since the day I ran away. What has happened? Your guess is as good as mine. I'm not planning to go back immediately though, just in case this is a ruse to lull me into a false sense of security.

You may have read on the main blog that the local paper released two reporters into the wilderness to find me. They returned empty handed, of course, for I am nowhere near the Insititute. Unfortunately for them, the editor was apparently dissatisfied with their efforts and sent them out again. I don't know where they are, and I don't care, so long as they don't stumble on my hiding place.

Ravel has been acting as lookout, guard, cook, cleaner and general companion. We have bonded during our time here. His English has improved considerably, as I insist on teaching him for at least two hours a day. Yesterday he recited the first three verses of Beowulf without dropping so much as a single consonant. I do feel, though, that my loyal research assistant is also beginning to feel a little isolated. He keeps asking me when we are going home. I tell him that we need to be patient. There are forces beyond my control operating outside my sphere of influence, or something like that.

J McC

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jenn said...

Wow! I was just sitting at the computer doing a homework assignment when I decided to google Parasitologist. Interestingly enough your blog was on the top of the list so I decided to take a look. Now about an hour later I have been sucked in. Holy crap! It seems like your life has all of the sudden been sucked into a crazy irrelevant dark comedy movie of some sort? I feel compeled to keep an eye on your blog to see how you and your family are doing. Keep up the good fight.

P.S.
Twin X, I noticed, had some rather interesting comments to say on your behaf. (Woe is to the english language.) At least it is good to know that you have a strong support team.

Before I forget. Hi, Ravel.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Dr Joseph McCrumble said...

Dear Jenn

Thanks for visiting. It's getting very lonely out here. Nothing much to do except read books, write emails, surf the internet. Though I've even gone off that of late. The good news, I guess, is that the book of the blog is about to be submitted to the publisher.

Ravel says hi. He also said 'Is she looking good boss?' I told him I have no idea, and that he should do have a cold shower. Guess what - he did just that.

1:26 PM  
Blogger RauluaP said...

Simmer down Ravel, she's spoken for. And while I might be lacking your Bulgarian mystique and excellent wood-land driving skills, I grill a mean burger and I let her pick what movie we watch at night. So you're just going to have to - as Twin X might say - step off, yo. Just to be safe, please don't sick you're slightly unstable brother on me.

Also, if you're really bored hiding in the bat cave, you could always check out my blog here: http://idontwanttoblogdammit.blogspot.com/

9:00 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

*shakes head*

Joe, Hon....

Time to come out of hiding mow.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home